Baked pear and apple crisp is a simple dessert that’s easy to make. This particular version of crisp is super special because it’s loaded with cannabutter. As a result, you can count on having an elevated experience!
Choice of Fruit For Baked Pear and Apple Crisp
You can use any type of apple you like. If you enjoy tart flavor, use granny smith or even crab apples. If you have a sweet, sweet tooth, use any sweet variety of apple. As for pears, any kind works.
Baking With Gluten or Without
For those of you with gluten sensitivity or Celiac disease, simply use gluten free flour instead of regular flour. Another way to make it gluten free (if you don’t have GF flour) is to grind up oats in a spice grinder and use in place of flour.
An Ingredient Essential to Baked Pear and Apple Crisp
When you go shopping for ingredients, don’t forget the ice cream! It just tastes better with ice cream.
Extra Crispy Topping
Because I love the crispy topping so much, sometimes I double the crumble ingredients and bake it a few minutes longer so that it’s extra crispy.
Tips For Infusing Baked Crisps
Although the suggestion for infusion is cannabutter, there are more options available. For instance, use decarboxylated cannabis ground to a fine powder and mix into the dry crumble ingredients. Also, use cannasugar or cannahoney as a portion of the sweetener in the recipe.
In the unfortunate circumstance that you don’t have apples or pears, use frozen fruit. Blueberries, cherries and other frozen fruits make great tasting baked crisps.
Pear and Apple Mixture
- 3 pears medium
- 3 apples medium
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 c all-purpose flour regular or gluten-free
- 1/2 c rolled oats
- 1/3 c brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 c cannabutter
- Peel apples and pears and cut into 1/4" x 1 1/2" slices. Toss with 1 Tbsp lemon juice. Set aside.
- Mix together flour, rolled oats, brown sugar, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp cinnamon. Add cold cannabutter and work in until you have a crumbly mixture. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together apples, pears, white sugar, 1/4 tsp cinnamon and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Place apple and pear mixture into an 8" x 8" baking pan. Sprinkle the crumbly mixture on top.
- Bake at 375°F until it's golden and the juice is bubbly, about 30 minutes.
- Eat with ice cream while it's still warm. Store leftover crisp in the fridge and reheat in the microwave.
From The Blog
If you have a recipe you want to share on Stoners Cookbook Community, Submit Recipe now for review.
To view all recipes on Stoners Cookbook Community, please visit Recipe Index.